Here's what The Insider is cooking...well at least trying to, this X'mas! Recipes shared by,Executive Chef Anil Dahiya, The Bristol Hotel, Gurugram.
Red Velvet Pancake
10 cups all-purpose flour 1/2
Sugar 1-1/4 Cups
Baking Cocoa 2/3 Cups
Baking Soda 6 tsp
Baking Powder 4 tsp
Salt 5 tsp
Additional Ingredients (for each batch)
Buttermilk 2 cups
Red food coloring 2 tsp
Butter and maple syrup
- · In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt all together.
- · Place 2 cups in each of five resalable plastic bags or containers.
- · Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months
To prepare pancakes
- · Pour the mixed ingredients into a large bowl.
- · In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and food coloring.
- · Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- · Pour batter by 1/4 cupful’s onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- · Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- · Serve with butter and syrup.
Salted Cashews 3 cups
Softened Butter 1/2 cup
Semisweet Chocolate Chips 1/2 cup
Instant Coffee Granules 2 tsp
Water 2 tsp
Salted Cashews (optional)
- · Place cashews in a food processor.
- · Cover and process until finely ground.
- · Add half of the butter; process until smooth.
- · Transfer to a small bowl.
- · In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, coffee granules, water along with remaining butter.
- · Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- · Stir into cashew mixture.
- · Top with additional cashews if desired.
- · Store in the refrigerator.
Mother Christmas Cake
Chopped Peeled Tart Apples 3 cups
Sugar 2 cups
Apple Juice 1/2 cup
Vegetable Oil 3/4 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
All-purpose Flour 3 cups
Apple Pie Spice (Cinnamon) 2 tsp
Coarsely Chopped Pecans 2 cups
Candied Red Cherries, halved 1/2 pound
Candied Green Cherries, halved 1/2 pound
Diced Candied Pineapple 1/2 pound
Salted Cashews (optional)
- · Line three 8x4-inch loaf pans with waxed paper
- · Grease the paper and set aside.
- · In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar and apple juice; let stand for 15 minutes.
- · In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- · Add to apple mixture; mix well.
- · Combine the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt; add to apple mixture and mix well.
- · Fold in pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- · Pour into prepared pans.
- · Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- · Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- · Remove waxed paper.
- · Cool completely.
Do let us know if you happen to make any of these! Merry X'mas!